•the Personal Data we may collect during our relationship, how we collect, use, protect and transfer your Personal Data
•how you can control the processing and disclosure of your Personal Data
1. Personal data we collect and processed
TOKIWA processes the following personal data:
(1).Personal data related to customers and suppliers
Name, place of work, contact information such as telephone number or email address
Name, place of work and contact information
2. How we use the personal data we collect
(1)TOKIWA processes the collected personal data only to the extent necessary for its business activities for the following business purposes.
Ⅰ.Personal data of customers and suppliers
Based on TOKIWA’s legitimate interests in promoting and improving its products and services (except where indicated otherwise):
Based on TOKIWA’s legitimate interest in managing the relationship with its customers or suppliers and in performing its contract with them (or based on performance of a contract with the individual, if the supplier or customer is an individual):
•Product shipping and after-sale service of TOKIWA’s product
•Conducting test and analysis requested by suppliers or customers and reporting on the results thereof
•Credit management relating to suppliers and customers
•Exercising rights and fulfilling obligations under the laws and regulations or the agreement with suppliers and customers
•Any other purpose to perform the management of suppliers and customers incidental to the above-mentioned purposes
Based on TOKIWA’s legitimate interest in keeping data for litigation management purposes:
•Handling inquiries and complaints
(2) TOKIWA shall notify you if TOKIWA conducts processing activities other than described above to the extent that those activities are permissible under applicable laws.
(3) Notwithstanding the above, TOKIWA might use the personal data beyond the scope necessary for the achievement of the specified purpose of use in the following cases.
Ⅰ. Cases as prescribed by law
Ⅱ. Cases in which the handling of personal data is necessary for protection of the life, body or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
Ⅲ. Cases in which the handling of personal data is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
Ⅳ. Cases in which the handling of personal data is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
(4) We process and store your Personal Data as long as it is required to meet our business relationship’s or statutory’s obligations. If your Personal Data is no longer required for the performance of our obligations, this will be erased on a regular basis unless further processing is necessary, for instance, for preserving particular evidence under the GDPR, or in the context of legal statutes of limitation
(5) We and eventually TOKIWA’s data processor(s), on a need-to-know basis, will receive your Personal Data for the purpose(s) you have been informed of.
3. We may transfer, on a need-to know basis, your Personal Data within TOKIWA Group and to related third parties (including data processor). These companies may be located outside the European Union. This transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards, notably the respect of the TOKIWA code of conduct and the enforcement of standard data protection clauses.
4. We use technical and organisational security measures in order to protect the Personal Data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorised persons.
Under applicable data protection rules, you may benefit from various rights as “data subject”. You can exercise any of the rights listed hereunder by submitting your request to Personal Data Support Center.
Please include your personal details as well as some means of verifying your identity. Please note that we may reject requests that are excessive or a misuse of the relevant right.
(1).Access right and data portability: You have the right to access your personal data processed by us, as well as the portability of data you have provided to us to the extent applicable.
(2).Right of rectification: At all times, you have the possibility to request the rectification of your personal data, provided that the legal requirements are met.
(3).Right of erasure: At all times, you have the possibility to request the erasure of your personal data, provided that the applicable legal requirements are met.
d. Limits to processing:
• Right to object: You have the right, if applicable legal provisions are met, to object to the processing of personal data based on our legitimate interests in specific circumstances. In particular, in relation to the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time thereto.
• Right to restriction: You have the right to obtain the restriction of certain forms of processing in specific circumstances.
• Consent withdrawal: Where any processing is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time (without affecting the lawfulness of processing prior to the consent withdrawal).
We will in each case examine your request an check whether you meet the requirements for the processing to be stopped.
Also, you have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authorities having jurisdiction over your place of residence about the processing of your personal data.
6. Continuous improvement
TOKIWA shall regularly review the personal data protection management system to implement improvements corresponding to the change of the social circumstances and the advance of the information technology.
7. Contact us
Please contact the following Personal Data Support Center if you have any questions, inquiries,
Personal Data Support Center
15-31 Fujimi-cho, Naka-ku, Nagoya, 460-0014 Japan